Monday, January 5, 2009

Mondays, Let the Stress Begin (Especially After Holidays)

"I hate Mondays!!" I'm sure nearly all of you have heard that statement before, and/or said it at one time or another. And, if you haven't, you can possibly agree with it as I do. Why do I mention it? Well...let's just say that it was wierd especially for a Monday. Normally, Mondays are the most stressful part of the week. It's always hard getting back into the swing of things.

First off, what is stress? Stress is the pressure from heavy external forces. Stress in humans occurs with a large workload. This in turn can cause health problems if not managed correctly. This is also a positve thing. Stress is a signal to your brain to review a certain situation if something isn't right.

Mondays after a vacation can be especially stressful because we have to return to the routine of going to work and to school. That's how I'm feeling, but, there wasn't that much to do or worry about. I was stressed and worried about having a bad start to this new semester of school. Not everything went as well. My point? I hate Mondays!!!

3 comments:

Dino Gal 097 said...

In Australia we have our summer vacation now, so I dont have to go back to school until the end of January, but i know how you feel, i generally hate mondays too.

Raptor Lewis said...

I know, Mondays suck, don't they?

Wow, this was after my Christmas/ New Year's break.

Gee said...

Yeah getting back to the grindstone after the holidays really feels like a drag.

But hey, hope you had a great time anyway RL.